Connectivity Issues – Wired – Linux
Wired Diagnostics – Linux
Remember to perform these tests while the issue is occurring.
- Visit Speedtest.net & click on ‘Begin Test.’
- Wait for the test to complete, then take a screenshot
- Open applications on your machine, then go to System Tools and select ‘MATE Terminal’
- You will then be presented with a black box, this is the terminal.You will need to open two of these windows.
- Line up the windows side by side and enter the following commands, one in each window: First window:ping -c 100 google.co.uk
- Press Enter to start the command in each window.
- Allow all 100 pings to be completed. You will know when the test is finished as the text will stop scrolling and you will see the words “ping statistics“
- Take a screenshot of the results, without cropping the image so that we can see the time stamp
Second window:ping -c 100 gw
Your screenshot should look something like below:
- Once you have completed the pings, run another command – mtr “ip address”
- Take a screenshot of the result like below:
- Go to the ThinkBroadband website
- You should see the “Very Large File – 1 GB – (1,024 MB)” download test file. Right click and “Save as” to begin the download
- We need a screenshot of the rate at which this file is downloaded in your browser, so navigate to the Downloads within your browser.
- This will display the download rate, with a unit of “MB/s” or “KB/s”. Please take a screenshot of this number (it should appear something like the below image):
Sending Your Screenshots
Take a screenshot of your whole screen, so that the time is visible.
We require this screenshot to be taken from the location in which you experience the problem.
The screenshots should be saved to your desktop as .PNG or .JPG files. These need emailing to the ASK4 Support team so that they can be analysed further. To do so, please send an email to the following address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Required information (please put this in the body of the email):
- Your full name
- Your building name, address and block/flat/room number
- Your contact number (optional)
- Your ASK4 username (optional)
- Your ASK4 issue reference number