How to add a new device – Managing your devices
Adding Your Device – The Quick Way
On the device you wish to add:
– Connect to ASK4Wireless – Log in here: myaccount.ask4.com
– Select ‘Enable this device’ at the top of the page – You are now connected!
Adding Your Devices Manually
To add your device manually, first you need the MAC address – a unique identifying number for each device you own. This can be found in your device settings. Follow the instructions below depending on your device:
- Mobile Phones & Tablets
- SONOS Speaker
- Amazon Device (Alexa, Fire Stick etc)
- Google Chromecast
- WiFi Lighting
- Smart Watches
- Smart Plugs
- Connecting a Smart TV
- Connecting a games console
- Connecting a wireless printer
General Instructions for Device Management
Adding an extra device
- Open a web browser and go to myaccount.ask4.com.
- Login and select the Manage My Devices section.
- If you have not exhausted your device limit, an option to Add New Device will be visible.
- Select this option and you will be prompted to enter a name for your device and it’s MAC address.
- Enter the required information and select Add device.
- Your device should now be able to connect to the Internet.
Removing an existing device
- Go to the Manage my devices section on myaccount.ask4.com.
- Select the device you wish to modify or remove by clicking on its name.
- If you have at least one other device registered to your account an option to Remove Device will appear. Select this option.
Increasing the number of available devices
- If the Add New Device option is not available then you may have reached your device limit.
- If you have reached your device limit then you can either purchase the 4Connect add-on or remove an existing device.
- The amount of devices you are able to register on your account will vary depending on where you stay.
- At certain locations we offer an add-on called 4Connect. This add-on increases the device limit on your account for a fee.
- 4Connect availability and pricing varies by accommodation and is only available to our student customers.