Connecting a Wireless Printer to ASK4
Note: To use your wireless printer you will need to have 4Network enabled on your account. 4Network is part of the 4Connect-Plus add-on. If you don’t already own the 4Connect-Plus add-on, please follow the instructions to purchase this here.
For the smoothest setup experience, please follow our guide before powering on your new printer.
This guide applies to most wireless printers. Due to the number of manufacturers and models of printer, we cannot guarantee compatibility with all printers.
Finding your Printer’s MAC Address
As your printer does not have a web browser, we first need to add it to your account from a computer, phone or tablet.
Every printer is different and so the process for finding MAC addresses will differ. The MAC address should look like: AA:11:BB:22:CC:33. We have provided a list of common methods of finding your MAC address below.
- Use the menu options on the printer itself to locate the Status or Network section. Your MAC address may be located there.
- Use the menu options on the printer to print a configuration or test page. The page may contain the MAC address.
- Look for a printed label on the rear or underneath of the printer which may contain the MAC address.
- Check the box the printer came in. This may contain a label with the MAC address.
- If none of the above methods work, please check your printer’s user manual or contact the printer’s manufacturer for help.
Adding your Printer to your Account
Next, go to myaccount.ask4.com and log in to your ASK4 account.
If you don’t already own the 4Connect-Plus add-on, please follow the instructions to purchase this here.
Now to confirm 4Network is enabled, go to “Manage My Devices”
From here, click the slider switch to enable 4Network.
Now we just need to add your Printer to your account by clicking the blue Add New Device button.
Now enter a name and the MAC Address we took earlier, then click Add New Device.
Connecting your Printer to ASK4
You’re now ready to power up your printer and connect it to the network. Follow the instructions that came with your printer to complete the setup.