Connecting a Google Chromecast to ASK4
Finding your Chromecast’s MAC Address
Because your Google Chromecast does not have a web browser, we will need to add it to your account from a computer, phone or tablet.
- Follow the instructions inside the box of the Chromecast to download the Google Home app to your phone
- Connect the Chromecast to your TV and provide power via USB. The best way to do this is using the USB port of your TV
- Open the Google Home app on your phone and follow the steps to configure your Chromecast
- On the page where you are asked to select your WiFi network, write down the MAC Address which is written at the bottom. It should look similar to AA:11:BB:22:CC:33
- Do not continue through the setup in the app just yet. We now need to use the MAC Address to add it to your account.
Adding your Chromecast to your Account
Next, go to myaccount.ask4.com and log in to your ASK4 account.
If you don’t already own the 4Connect-Plus add-on, please follow the instructions to purchase this here.
Now to confirm 4Network is enabled, go to “Manage My Devices”
From here, click the slider switch to enable 4Network.
Now we just need to add your Chromecast to your account by clicking the blue “+ Add New Device” button.
Now enter a name and the MAC Address we took earlier, then click “Add New Device”.
Your Chromecast will now be able to get online, so we can continue with the setup process within the app.
Completing the Setup Process
You’re now ready to connect the Chromecast to the WiFi to complete the setup process. Return to the Google Home app and select the ASK4 Wireless network and click Continue.
Now simply follow the instructions on-screen to complete the setup!