Connecting a Google Chromecast to ASK4
Note: To use your Chromecast you will need to have 4Network enabled on your account. 4Network is part of the 4Connect-Plus add-on, purchasable via myaccount.ask4.com
Finding your Chromecast’s MAC Address
Your Google Chromecast does not have a web browser and so we will need to add it to your account from a computer, phone or tablet.
- Follow the instructions inside the box of the Chromecast to download the Google Home app to your phone
- Connect the Chromecast to your TV and provide power via USB. The best way to do this is using the USB port of your TV
- Open the Google Home app on your phone and follow the steps to configure your Chromecast
- On the page where you are asked to select your WiFi network, write down the MAC address which is written at the bottom. It should look similar to AA:11:BB:22:CC:33
- Do not continue through the setup in the app just yet. We now need to use the MAC address to add it to your account.
Adding the device to your Account
Completing the Setup Process
You’re now ready to connect the Chromecast to the WiFi to complete the setup process. Return to the Google Home app and select the ASK4 Wireless network and click Continue.
Now simply follow the instructions on-screen to complete the setup.