Connecting an Amazon Device to ASK4
For the smoothest setup experience, please follow our guide before powering on your new Amazon device.
This guide currently applies to the Amazon Echo, Dot, Tap, Fire Stick and Fire TV.
Finding your Amazon Device’s MAC Address
As your Amazon device does not have a web browser, we first need to add it to your account from a computer, phone or tablet.
- Download the Alexa app on your phone, or go to alexa.amazon.co.uk in your web browser
- Log in to your Amazon account
- Click the Menu bar in the top left and go to Settings
- Select your Alexa device from the list
- At the bottom of the page, you will find the device’s MAC address. Make a note of this. It should look like: AA:11:BB:22:CC:33
Adding your Amazon Device to your Account
Next, go to myaccount.ask4.com and log in to your ASK4 account.
If you don’t already own the 4Connect-Plus add-on, please follow the instructions to purchase this here.
Now to confirm 4Network is enabled, go to “Manage My Devices”
From here, click the slider switch to enable 4Network.
Now we just need to add your Amazon Device to your account by clicking the blue “+ Add New Device” button.
Now enter a name and the MAC Address we took earlier, then click “Add New Device”.
Connecting your Amazon Device to ASK4
You’re now ready to power up your device and connect it to the network. Follow the instructions that came with your device to complete the setup.