Performing a NetSpot test on a Mac
To see the wireless environment as your device does, we can use a free application called Netspot. This app helps us to check for interference from other wireless networks or for problems with the equipment.
Performing the Netspot Test:
- Download and install the free version of Netspot here: www.netspotapp.com
- Open the Netspot application and ensure you allow location permissions in the window that pops up
- Drag the window to display all or most of the networks
- Expand the BSSID column to show all of the characters and sort the Level (SNR) to show best to worst. See the example below.
- Take a screenshot of your whole screen, so that the time is visible in the top right-hand corner.
- This screenshot should be taken in the specific position you are experiencing the problem, for example at your desk.
- Send the result to firstname.lastname@example.org, along with any other requested tests, and mentioning your issue reference number