Performing a LinSSID test on Linux
To see the wireless environment as your device does, we can use a free application called LinSSID. This app helps us to check for interference from other wireless networks or for problems with the equipment.
Performing the LinSSID Test:
- Download and install the free version of LinSSID here: https://sourceforge.net/projects/linssid/
- Once it has been installed, open the LinSSID application and drag the window to display all or most of the networks
- Expand the SSID column to show all of the characters and sort the Signal column to show best to worst. See the example below.
- Take a screenshot of your whole screen, so that the time is visible in the top.
- This screenshot should be taken in the specific position you are experiencing the problem, for example at your desk.
- Send the result to firstname.lastname@example.org, along with any other requested tests, and mentioning your issue reference number