Performing an inSSIDer test on Windows
To see the wireless environment as your device does, we can use a free application called inSSIDer. This app helps us to check for interference from other wireless networks or for problems with the equipment.
Performing the inSSIDer Test:
- Download and install the free version of inSSIDer from Here.
- Open the inSSIDer application and drag the window to display all or most of the networks
- Expand the MAC address column to show all of the characters and sort the Signal Column to show best to worst. An example of this can be seen below.
- Take a screenshot of your whole screen, so that the time is visible in the top right-hand corner.
This screenshot should be taken in the specific position you are experiencing the problem, for example at your desk.
- Send the result to email@example.com, along with any other requested tests, and mentioning your issue reference number