I have previously been able to connect to ASK4 Wireless in this accomodation
If you have been able to connect to ASK4 Wireless in the past but are no longer able to do so, the following checks must be performed:
- Is your device’s wireless adapter switched on? (this may be a physical button on a laptop)
- Is your device set to flight mode? (Again, this may be a physical button on a laptop)
- Is your WiFi adapter currently disabled? (the location of the settings can differ between operating systems. If you are uncertain, please call us)
- Is your device able to see ANY networks at all? (if not, this could be an issue with the device itself)
- Is your device able to see any ASK4 Wireless networks? (this may require a call to our Support Team)
- Is your device able to connect to any ASK4 Wireless networks? (this may require a call to our Support Team)
- Is the issue isolated to one device? (this can suggest a device specific issue)
- Perform a “forget this network” action. This may differ on each operating system, please call for assistance if necessary.
- Can you see any ASK4 networks in any locations other than your room? (Reception, a friends room etc)
- Is your device able to connect to other WiFI networks? (For example public or University WiFi networks)
- Is your device also connected via Ethernet cable? If so, please disconnect the cable as this may confuse your device.
If the above checks have been confirmed, your issue could be one of the following possibilities:
- The Internet link to the accommodation may have been lost.
- Your connection may have expired, you will need to visit signup.ask4.com to renew.
- If you have moved to a new site, your old account will no longer work. You will need to visit signup.ask4.com and make a new account.