Performing a LinSSID test on Linux
To see the wireless environment as your device does, we can use a free application called LinSSID. This app helps us to check for interference from other wireless networks or for problems with the equipment.
Performing the LinSSID Test:
- Download and install the free version of LinSSID here: https://sourceforge.net/projects/linssid/
- Once it has been installed, open the LinSSID application and drag the window to display all or most of the networks
- Expand the SSID column to show all of the characters and sort the Signal column to show best to worst. See the example below.
- Take a screenshot of your whole screen, so that the time is visible in the top.
This screenshot should be taken in the specific position you are experiencing the problem, for example at your desk.
- Send the result to firstname.lastname@example.org, along with any other requested tests, and mentioning your issue reference number