Frequently Asked Questions – FAQ
- Use an Ethernet cable to connect your device to the wall port in your room.
- If you’re not sure if your accommodation has a wired service, check with your residence manager.
- On the device you wish to use, open your internet browser and go to signup.ask4.com. It’s easy from there – just create a new account.
- Already have an account? – Renew your connection by logging in, but if you’ve moved to a different accommodation, you’ll need to make a fresh new account.
- Want to add a new device? – If you already have an account and wish to register a new device, just log in at myaccount.ask4.com and follow the prompts to enable your device.
- Your device now has a new MAC address that may need to be added to your account. Simply sign into your account on the device and click ‘enable this device’ at the top of the page.
- If you have filled all of your device slots, you may have to remove an existing/previous MAC address.
- Log in at myaccount.ask4.com and click ‘enable this device’. If that isn’t available, add the device manually by locating the device MAC address in the device management section of your account.
- Click here for a guide for finding the MAC address on specific devices
- Go to myaccount.ask4.com and remove the device in ‘Manage My Devices’
- Contact the account holder to remove the device for you. They can do this anywhere by going to myaccount.ask4.com.
- If the account is an old one you created, you should contact our support team via Live Chat
- We provide your devices with access to the internet as standard. To share data between them, you need to enable 4Network. 4Network creates a secure, private network that belongs to you. With 4Network enabled you can print to a WiFi printer from your phone, connect your smart speaker, your personal assistant and more. To purchase this add-on, select it during signup or go to ‘Upgrades’ at myaccount.ask4.com
- Add unlimited devices with this add-on. To purchase, select it during signup or go to ‘Upgrades’ at myaccount.ask4.com
- This add-on includes both 4Connect and 4Network. To purchase this add-on, select it during signup or go to ‘Upgrades’ at myaccount.ask4.com
- Back up your important files and photos with unlimited cloud storage for a one off payment. Learn how to set it up here. To purchase this add-on, select it during signup or go to ‘Upgrades’ at myaccount.ask4.com
- Depending on your internet use the Base package is usually sufficient, however if you need faster speeds for gaming or heavy downloads you may want to look at the faster packages.
- WiFi is fine for online gaming, but to maximise performance we recommend using the wired service
- To upgrade your package go to myaccount.ask4.com and select ‘Upgrade my Broadband’.
- Any available upgrades will be listed here.
- We do not limit any downloads.
- If you need faster speeds for gaming you may want to look at the faster packages. However most of our gaming customers have no issues on the base package.
- We also recommend using the wired service to maximise the speed and minimise packet loss for this sort of internet use.
- Get in touch with our support team via Live Chat.
- You will need to request this within 14 days of purchase.
- Once processed refunds take between 5-10 working days, but usually much sooner depending on your bank.
- If you cannot accept the payment back onto the card on which you originally paid, this may take longer.
- Nothing! Your account will naturally expire. Our system automatically deletes your personal data after 18 months.
- However, if you have a direct debit or recurring card payment, you will have to get in touch with us to make sure these are disabled and you don’t continue to be charged.
- Get in touch with our team via Live Chat or call us.
- Simply to go myaccount.ask4.com and remove your card details from the ‘Manage Credit Card’ section.
- Yes. But we need to make sure it’s you requesting this. Get in touch with us via phone or Live Chat to confirm. Bear in mind, your account will naturally expire. Our system automatically deletes your personal data after 18 months.
- No, you will need to create a new account
- You will need to purchase the add-on again unless you are within your 14 day cooling off period, as site packages may vary.
- Yes. Lots of our customers have set up a NAS successfully on the network. If you have any problems regarding ports please contact our support team via Live Chat
- Using your own router can cause significant disruption to the connection of those around you. We strongly recommend against this and may request you make configuration changes or unplug the device if others experience problems as a result.
- Of course! You can use a VPN client on your devices to connect to a virtual private network. If you would like to run a VPN Server on one of your devices, you may require a 1:1 NAT connection. Give us a call or chat to us via Live Chat and we’ll be able to enable this for you.
- Yes, but depending on your package you may need to purchase the 4ConnectPlus add-on to enable 4Network. See ‘What is 4Network’ for more details.
- If your accommodation provides a wired connection, we recommend this form of connection to reduce any potential latency.
- It may be best to get in touch to see what we can do to improve this by enabling 1-2-1 NAT, contact us on Live Chat or give us a call as we need to pass security before making any changes to your connection.
- Check our Contact Us page. We offer Live Chat, email and phone call support.
- The easiest way would be via our Live Chat service
- Of course, but we will need the account holder to pass our security questions first.
- We’re open 24 hours a day
Contacting the support team